Sunday, July 27, 2008

Ventilator is Out!

Hey everybody. Sorry for the delay in posts, I had a family event I had to attend on Saturday and thought someone else would have updated the blog. We actually had really good news for you all yesterday. Wennie was able to get the breathing tube out and has been off the ventilator since mid-Saturday. She still can't eat as of yet because her doctors want to see how well her ability to swallow currently is. Occupational will be in tomorrow to check on her conditions by issuing a test to see which types of foods, ranging in different viscosity, she will be able to fully swallow without having leaks into her airway. If Wennie does well, she'll be able to eat finally!

She still only asks for immediate family to visit her for the time being, so if you're a friend and would like to visit her please check with the blog to see when her mood changes. Thank you all for your patience.

3 comments:

thanson326 said...

Yeah!!!! Keep up the great work Wennie. Soon you will be able to have your dutch apple pie, even if you have to blend it. I know that doesn't sound good, but it tastes the same, believe me (experience talking). I asked Tim if you could send a picture of the converse you want and also the size. I will most likely go shopping this weekend. China is very hot and sticky, I miss the Seattle weather, believe it or not. See you soon.

Teresa (mama Hanson)

Shakespere said...

Wow. Interesting blog. Good luck to Wennie!

Blue Nati said...

I had to read your older blogs to see what's going on... I was kinda glad that I read the recent ones... if I started reading earlier on---even I don't know you I'd be wondering day to day about your situation... thank goodness you're OK now... take care...